I am a PhD student of the Artificial Intelligence Research Group at the Department of Computer Science, Systems, and Production in the University of Rome "Tor Vergata", where I graduated in Computer Science Engineering in May 2006 with a thesis on "A geometric model for Interactive Question Answering".
- Information Retrieval
- Interactive Question Answering
- Text Categorization
- Natural Language Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
Address: Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemi e Produzione,
Via del Politecnico, 1 - 00133 Rome (Italy)
Office phone: +39 06 7259 7718
- Diego De Cao and Roberto Basili. Combining Distributional and Paradigmatic information in a lexical substitution task. To appear in Proceedings of the 2nd Special Issue on Evaluation of NLP and Speech Tools for Italian (EVALITA 2009). December 2009
- Cristina Giannone, Danilo Croce, Roberto Basili, and Diego De Cao. A Robust Geometric Model for Argument Classification. To appear in Proceedings of the 11th Congress of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AIIA 2009). December 2009
- Roberto Basili, Danilo Croce, Diego De Cao, and Cristina Giannone. Learning semantic roles for ontology patterns. In Proceedings of Workshop on Natural Language Processing and Ontology Engineering (NLPOE 2009). Milano, Italy, September 2009
- Diego De Cao, Roberto Basili, Riccardo Petitti. Automatic Multimedia Annotation through Kernel Combinations. In Proceedings of International Workshop on Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services (WIAMIS 09) London,United Kingdom, May 6-8, 2009
- Roberto Basili, Diego De Cao, Danilo Croce, Bonaventura Coppola, and Alessandro Moschitti. Cross-Language Frame Semantics Transfer in Bilingual Corpora. In Proceedings of10th International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics (CICLing 2009), Mexico City, Mexico, March 1-7 2009 - Best Paper Award, 1st place
- Marco Pennacchiotti, Diego De Cao, Roberto Basili, Danilo Croce, Michael Roth. Automatic induction of FrameNet lexical units. To appear in Proceedings of The Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2008) Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii. October 25-27, 2008
- Diego De Cao, Cristina Giannone, Roberto Basili. Frame-based Ontology Learning
for Information Extraction. To appear in Proceedings of The 16th International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management Knowledge Patterns (EKAW 2008) Acitrezza, Catania, Italy. 29th September-3rd October 2008
- Diego De Cao, Danilo Croce, Marco Pennacchiotti, Roberto Basili. Combining word sense and usage
for modeling frame semantics. In Proceedings of The Symposium on Semantics in Systems for Text Processing (STEP 2008) Venice, Italy. September 22-24, 2008
- Roberto Basili, Cristina Giannone, Diego De Cao. Learning domain-specific framenets from texts. In Proceedings of 3rd Workshop on Ontology Learning and Population (OLP3). Patras, Greece. July 21/22, 2008.
- Marco Pennacchiotti, Diego De Cao, Paolo Marocco, Roberto Basili. Towards a Vector Space Model for FrameNet-like Resources. In Proceedings of The 6th edition of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2008) Marrakech, Marocco. May 28-30, 2008
- Roberto Basili, Diego De Cao, Cristina Giannone and Paolo Marocco. Data-driven dialogue for Interactive Question Answering. In Proceedings of the 10th Congress of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AIIA 2007) Roma, Italy, September 10-13, 2007
- Roberto Basili, Diego De Cao, Paolo Marocco and Marco Pennacchiotti. Learning Selectional Preferences for Entailment or Paraphrasing Rules. In Proceedings of RANLP 2007. Borovets, Bulgaria. September, 2007.
- Roberto Basili, Diego De Cao and Cristina Giannone. Ontological modeling for Interactive Question Answering. In Proceedings of OnToContent 2007. Algarve, Portugal. October 28 November, 2007.